Montana Gulbrand is an artist and designer based in Boston. Working 3 jobs by day and freelancing by night, Montana is spending their time post undergrad refining their skills, learning about credit and loans, watching lectures, and looking into graduate programs. They also adopted a baby kitten named Louie who eagerly wants to learn design and is constantly jumping on Montana’s keyboard. Currently working as a Marketing Coordinator at the Multicultural Arts Center, a House Associate at the Boston Center for the Arts, and as a Jr. Graphic Designer at Bodega. Montana also recently got hired as an Art Handler for the Boston Center for the Arts and will being working in their Mills Gallery soon.
To get in touch with Montana (or Louie) email montanagulbrand.com
High-res files, and additional design portfolio availible upon request.
SCROLL DOWN FOR RESUME AND CV
SELECTED WORK EXPERIENCE
Bodega Junior - Graphic Designer
January 2019 - Current
• Creates Editorial and Social Assets with fresh and innovative designs while upholding the companies brand guidelines using Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and handmade collage designs.• Assists in research and development of brand identity for Bodega Pirate Radio and visual inspiration for the Bodega Instagram.• Creates animations, highlight reels, and editorial assets for Bodega’s video asetts with Adobe After Effects and Premiere.
Multicultural Arts Center - Marketing Coordinator
Cambridge, MA December 2018 - Current
• Develops and implements marketing, advertising and promotional campaigns; planned and organized promotional design assets for print, web, and social for all events as well as rotating gallery exhibitions.• Acts as point of contact for ticket sales, press, newsletter marketing, and event listings for all programs and artists presented or produced by the Multicultural Arts Center using Salesforce Patron Manager and Emma.• Creates all in-house Graphic Design including posters, tickets, website updates, newsletters, in venue signage, program books, and more using Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, and Canva.• Increased Email Newsletter click rate from 2.81% when hired December 2018, to 7.98% February 2019 and Email Newsletter audience from 6000 - 6,600 in the month of March 2019.
Boston Center for the Arts - House Associate
Cambridge, MA December 2018 - Current
• Supervises and Assists in Public and Private functions during Load-In’s, Load-Outs, and on Day of the Event.• Ensures that fire egress’s, patron, vendor, and staff saftey is maintained through proactive inspection of the space andby resolving any issue that may jeopordize saftey through leadership, clear communication, and calm, fast problem solving skills.• Communicates with Rentals and Clients to uphold contact, venue capacity, and resolve questions or concerns Rentals or Patrons may have while attending the Cyclorama and contacts Production Manager to resolve issues that a House Associate is not authorized to resolve.
• Utilizes detail-oriented observation and excellent time managment skills in order to keep track of the event schedule, times of arrival, capacity limits, and the designated end timeor other pertinent informtion specified in schedule and contract.
Telluride Film Festival - Graphic Designer
Telluride, CO August 2016 - September 2017
• Designed original posters, advertisements, trade show banners and signage from . concept to completion for clients including Tesla, Amazon, and other sponsors. • Formatted files for web and print in order to produce high quality finished material . in a timely and efficient manner and analyzed daily density readings from each printer to detect potential quality issues. • Examined inventory and job orders to determine quantity, deadline priority, stock specifications, colors, and special printing instructions. • Delivered excellent customer service and communication to both clients and other . departments within the company.
Boston Productions Inc. - Video Production Assistant
Norwood, MA July 2015 - February 2016
• Performed tasks including assembling sets, footage logging, and preparing equipment for travel off set. • Prepared for production through asset research, preparing interview questions, and transcribing interviews. • Executed post production tasks including interactive game testing with clients, closed captioning, logging footage and assets, and revising and uploading content to the content management servers. • Assisted on projects for numerous clients including Texas A&M, The Louisiana Sports Museum & Hall of Fame, The National Museum of the Pacific War, The Girl Scouts of America, The Indianapolis Zoo, The New York Power Authority, and the Virginia Historical Society.
Massachusetts College of Art and Design: BFA in Studio for Interrelated Media.
Montana’s websites thedownload.rip, sponsoredspamsponsoredspam.website, and montanagulbrand.net were recently featured on brutalistwebsites.com
Manifesto on Art Pedagogy by Montana Gulbrand was published in Boston Art Review: Notions of Place which is availble for purchase at the following locations:
2018 Godine Gallery, In Real Life, Boston, MA. 2018 Printa, Copy, Paste, Steal, Boston, MA. 2017 Godine Gallery, Lamborghini Mercy, Boston, MA.
2018 Boston Center for the Arts, Boston Art Book Fair with Boston Art Review, Boston, MA
2018 Distillery Gallery, Boston Art Review Launch, Boston, MA 2018 Fort Five, The Download, Boston, MA 2018 Polykhroma, Lamborghini Mercy, Boston, MA 2018 Design and Media Center, Daylight, Boston, MA, in collaboration with Chase Buckley. 2018 N181, The Download, Boston, MA. 2018 Godine Gallery, Manifesto on Art Pedagogy, Boston, MA. 2018 Godine Gallery, Godine Family Vintage, Boston, MA. 2017 Design and Media Center, SIDM Performance, Boston, MA. 2017 Pozen Center, 100 Posters, Boston, MA. 2017 Poetry Workshop, The Download, Boston, MA. 2017 Pozen Center, Studio for Interrelated Wrestling, Boston, MA. 2017 Telluride Film Festival, Ai Weiwei and Ed Lachman Posters shown at Palm, Galaxy, Sheridan Opera House,and Chuck Jones Cinema, Telluride, CO. 2017 Polykhroma, Utopia/Dystopia, Somerville, MA, in collaboration with Sam Malabre. 2017 Godine Gallery, Brujas, Boston, MA. 2017 Godine Gallery, All School Show, Boston, MA, in collaboration with Sam Malabre. 2017 Point of Departure, Theory, Boston, MA, artist in residence / in collaboration with Sam Malabre. 2017 Design and Media Center, BIG Show, Boston, MA, in collaboration with Sam Malabre. 2016 Telluride Film Festival, Design for Theatre Marquee at the Backlot Theatre, Telluride, CO. 2016 Thomas Young Gallery, SIM at Thomas Young, Boston, MA, in collaboration with Sam Malabre. 2016 North Crackatorium, Congratulations, You Have a New Match!, Boston, MA. 2016 Design and Media Center, Kid Cuisine, Boston, MA, in collaboration with Sam Malabre. 2016 Lucero, Reply All, Brookline, MA. 2015 N181, All School Show, Boston, MA. 2015 N81, BIG Show, Boston, MA.
2018 Gallery.HTML, PIXELS, Online, in collaboration with Mike Manor. 2016 Gallery.HTML, Memory + Archiving, Online, in collaboration with Sam Malabre. 2016 Gallery.HTML, Women + Food, Online, in collaboration with Sam Malabre and Jackie Popjes 2016 North Crackatorium, Congratulations, You Have a New Match!, Boston, MA, in collaboration with @ellen.gif,Craig Waddell and Sopheak Sam. 2015 Lucero, Reply All, Brookline, MA. 2015 Brant Gallery, All School Show, Boston, MA.
2017 HARRIS BARRON SCHOLARSHIP
“This student scholarship of Massachusetts College of Art and Design Foundation, Inc. is awarded through a generous gift from Ros and Harris Barron, in addition to donations from friends and family. This scholarship is established in the name of Emeritus Professor Harris Barron—who taught at Massachusetts College of Art for 23 years, was the founder of the Studio for Interrelated Media Department (SIM) in 1970, and was the first chair of the ensuing Media Department (MPA). The Harris Barron Scholarship shall be awarded each year to a Junior student who is eligible for financial aid and continuing through the senior year in the Studio for Interrelated Media Department [SIM], selected by that Department’s faculty, based on exceptional and/or innovative artistic merit with consideration for financial need.”
2016 EMERGING LEADER OF THE YEAR“Recognizes a new student leader who has most noticeably demonstrated initiative, motivation, and potential for continued leadership at MassArt.”
2014 & 2017 MASSACHUSETTS INTERNSHIP INCENTIVE"An incentive program to promote and support increased university-level student participation in employer sponsored internships. This program will raise awareness and interest of a greater and more diverse community of students in career opportunities related to the student’s academic program of study and contribute to increased program completion and institutional graduation requirements. Eligible students must maintain a cumulative 3.0 GPA on all academic coursework in accordance with institutional standards."
2014-2018 MASSART FOUNDATION AWARD & MASSART DEANS SCHOLARSHIPMassArt merit scholarship awarded to accepted first-time freshman applicants from Massachusetts, based strictly on the merit of the student's application for admission to the college; financial need is not a factor. These scholarships are renewable for four years.
2014-2018 MASSART DEANS SCHOLARSHIPMassArt merit scholarships are awarded to students from Massachusetts, based strictly on the merit of the student's portfolio and maintained through excellent academic standing by holding an grade average above a B- each semester.
SELECTED FREELANCE CLIENTS
University of Massachusetts Boston - University Hall Gallery
Pink Rooster at Eataly
Income-considerate priced designs for emerging Boston Artists and Musicians including, scottpalazzo.com, Inforce Apperal, Zilla, Black Lodge, Shallow Pools MA, Sunset Sessions, & more